Monday, March 3, 2008

My Messenger

Into the bag by my side,
my blood it flows steadily.
On its way to save a soul,
leaving my veins readily.
To my blood as it dances away,
softly I murmur a plea.
"Go now, and prove your worth,
of great use to some one you may be.
Go and rescue some poor soul,
flow in veins other than mine.
when someone has lost faith,
you flow with the hope divine.
Yet as you leave on your mission,
remember to take with you,
all those things i am proud to possess,
Love, Joy, Courage and Sensitivity too.
Fill your new home t the brim,
with a love eternal and pure.
Warm that heart when it gets cold,
make those quaking steps feel secure.
Dance in their heart, unabashed,
with life's warmth and bliss.
Lift their spirit when they feel low,
in a cold winter, be Spring's kiss.
Don't forget, on your long journey,
that you are compeled to teach,
how to love beyond barriers,
how distant hearts to reach.
Go now, and run to the aid
of a soul that needs you the most.
Go and spread my word of love,
before it is forgotten or lost.
Go now, with my eternal love,
I believe in its sacred might.
Iknow the world lies in hate's clutches...
Go now, and join the fight...
~ Maithili Desai

1 comment:

Becky said...

This girl is a "poetry holic"...if there is any word like this....Where ever she goes n evn in d midst of whatever she does if she does get a thought in her head she will quickly pen it down n there starts the legacy of her awesome poetries....The results are for all of you'll to see....She writes beautifully well thats all i can say.